St Mary’s Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC) is temporarily changing its opening hours. From Friday 30 July 2021 the team will now be there to help with a range of medical issues between 8am and 8pm seven days a week, rather than opening until 10pm.
The staff at the urgent treatment centre will continue to be available every day to help with a range of medical issues including:
- dressing and stitching minor wounds
- Treating sprains and strains, as well as breaks to arms, lower leg and feet
- Wound infections
- Minor burns
- Minor head and eye injuries
- Non-COVID related illness.
There are a number of other ways for people to get the help they need, when they need it:
- Community pharmacy – there are a number of pharmacies open until late evening and on Sundays.
- 111 service – try 111.nhs.uk or call 111 if unable to get online.
- Visit another local treatment centre – there are centres in Gosport and Petersfield.
- Visit Wessex Healthier Together for information about caring for young children. If a baby or child is unwell, don’t delay in getting advice – call 111, or 999 in an emergency.
In a medical emergency, when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk, call 999.