Today the NHS’s COVID-19 contact tracing app is available for anyone over 16 yrs old in England and Wales who has a smart phone to download (for iPhones use the Apple App Store or for android phones use the Google Play store) to help people find out if they are at risk from coronavirus.
It has a number of features:
- Trace: find out when you’ve been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus.
- Alert: lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district.
- Check-in: get alerted if you’ve visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus, using a simple QR code scanner. No more form filling.
- Symptoms: check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a test.
- Test: helps you order a test if you need to.
- Isolate: keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice.
The app is available in the following languages:
- Punjabi (Gurmukhi script)
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Arabic (Modern Standard)
Here is a link to the NHS webpage with information about the NHS COVID-19 contact tracing app