SSAFA is a national charity aiming to support the independence and dignity of anyone who is currently serving, or has ever served in the British Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force. They also support the families of veterans, so if you have any connection to the Armed Forces, get in touch to see if they are able to support you.
- Forcesline: A free and confidential telephone and email helpline, which can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
- Housing advice, including guidance on housing benefits and accessing social housing
- Debt advice, and advice on managing your bills
- Help with mobility, and obtaining mobility equipment like scooters and stairlifts
- Buying household essentials, including white goods and furniture
- Mentoring, to support your transition into civilian life
- Mental health support, including dealing with PTSD and military mental illness
- Bereavement support
- Support for homeless veterans
- Prison in-reach support for veterans in custody and on release
- Residential care and independent living
The Hampshire branch covers Portsmouth, contact details below.