Specsavers Healthcall provide a free eyecare service at home to people who cannot vist one of their stores.
They offer a free home test if any of the following apply to you:
- Age 60 or over
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- Considered to be at risk of glaucoma, as advised by an optician
- Age over 40 and your mother, father, brother, sister son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- Receiving Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate
- On low income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher
To see if you qualify give them a call or visit their website.
If you qualify for the service, your home eye test is free.
(Checked January 2018)
Contact Specsavers directly to book.