The Cinnamon Trust is a national charity that can help older people to keep a treasured pet, if any aspect of day to day care becomes a problem.
The trust runs a network of volunteers, who can help out by:
- Walking your dog regularly
- Fetching pet food or cleaning out their cage or litterbox,
- Fostering pets while you are in hospital
- Long-term care for your pet, if you move into residential care and cannot take them with you
- If you are diagnosed with a terminal illness, arranging a safe and happy home for your pet after your death.
When your pet is looked after by one of the trust's volunteers, either short-term or long-term, you will be able to keep in touch with visits where possible, or regular photos and letters.