Help Around the Home is a service from Age UK Portsmouth, designed to help older people maintain their independence at home.
Support can include:
- Domestic chores such as vacuuming, mopping and dusting – priority is given to hygiene and safety areas, such as bathrooms, toilets and kitchen
- Doing your laundry, ironing and putting away clothes
- Bed-making and changing bedding
- Food shopping from your nearest supermarket
- Cleaning your fridge and checking ‘use by’ dates on food
- Pension and prescription collection services
- Cleaning cupboards and interior windows
- Small household jobs such as changing a light bulb or hanging curtains
- Spring cleaning services
- Support for a planned return home from hospital – house cleaning and preparation, shopping, short-term help while recovering
- Signposting to other agencies for different services
Age UK Portsmouth, 16-18 Kingston RoadPO1 5RZ
The standard charge for help around the home is £13.50 per hour.
(Checked October 2017)