DPP (Disability, Pregnancy & Parenthood) is a national charity that promotes better awareness and support for disabled and Deaf people during pregnancy and as parents.
You can find information on the website about parenting as a Deaf or disabled person, and the resources and support available, such as:
- Practical tips on equipment and adaptations for physically disabled parents.
- Advice on carrying your child on a wheelchair or scooter.
- BSL DVD guides to pregnancy, birth and parenting for Deaf parents
- Audio, Braille and large print guides to pregnancy, birth and parenting for visually impaired parents.
- Guide to parenting with a learning difficulty or disability
- Guides to parenting with specific conditions, such as spinal injury, MS, epilepsy and mental health conditions.