SDAS offer support and temporary accommodation to woman and children who are escaping domestic abuse, and outreach to women, children and men not staying in the refuge but still in need of advice, support and information.
Their services include:
- Refuge: Emergency temporary housing for single women and women with children who are fleeing domestic abuse and need a safe place to stay
- Target Hardening: A service to ensure you are able to stay in your home safely and securely
- Children & Young People: A tailor-made service for children and young people who have experienced, or are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA): A named professional case worker for domestic abuse victims at most risk of serious harm.
- FGM Community Development: A specialist service for victims or potential victims of Female Genital Mutilation
- Up2U Creating Healthy Relationships: A programme for people who use abusive behaviours in their intimate partner relationships
- Group Work:
- The Freedom Programme: A 12-week programme to break the cycle of domestic abuse with women who have experienced abuse
- You and Me, Mum: A 10-week programme of self-help and empowerment for mothers who have experienced domestic violence
- Who's In Charge?: A 9-session programme for parents of a child who is acting abusively towards them or beyond their control
- Fun Time Friday: A holiday activity group for families using Southern Domestic Abuse Services, meeting weekly during school holidays.