The Rowans Hospice is a local charity providing support and a wide range of services to people with life-shortening illnesses, their families and carers. This includes specialist health and social care professionals support with the medical, practical and psychological effects of life-limiting illnesses.
- Specialist Palliative Care, in the community, in residential homes and in hospitals.
- Day Care, offering the opportunity to socialise with others in a similar situation, as well as relax with hobbies or complementary therapies.
- 24-hour in-patient care, focussed on the relieiving pain and distress of complex medical conditions.
- A full range of clinical services to support patients to regain their independence and return home, including physiotherapy, occupational therapy and psychology.
- Spiritual care, including chaplaincy services and the hospice's chapel.
- Support for carers, including counselling, complementary therapies and psychology services
- Hospice at Home, supporting people to stay at home during a 'crisis'.
- Rowan's Meerkat Service - Support for children and young people coping with the illness or death of a loved one
All services are provided free of charge.
If you live in Portsmouth or South East Hampshire, you can be referred by any health or social care professional. You can access the Living Well Centre without a referral. The centre is open every weekday from 10am - 4pm and offers a relaxed and safe environment to spend time, make new friendships and participate in a variety of activities, including arts and crafts groups, exercise groups, relaxation and meditation.