Simon Says is a local charity supporting children up to 18 years old, who have a significant person in their life who has died or is dying.
Their support includes:
- Helpline offering support, information and guidance for bereaved children and young people, and those caring for them. 023 8064 7550
- Monthly age-appropriate support groups
- Opportunities to meet other families sharing a similar experience
- Printed information and suggested reading
- Advice and training for teachers and other professionals working with bereaved children and young people.
The nearest support groups to Portsmouth are:
- Northern Parade Children's Centre: For children up to age 11. Monthly on a Sunday, 2pm - 4pm.
- Haven Children's Centre - For children up to age 18. Monthly on a Saturday, 2pm - 4pm.
Support groups are for children and their families to meet and work through their bereavement journey, with planned activities, games, stories and puppet interaction.
An access guide for Northern Parade Childrens Centre is available at DisabledGo.com
Simply contact the charity directly.